MARS Inc. has a membership to suit most people who are interested in rocketry. Most people join as a Flying Member in order to fly rockets at the club's monthly launch events. If you are interested in rocketry and following MARS Inc. but don't wish to fly rockets yourself then you are welcome to become a Social Member. Social members receive access to all the information and invitations to club functions. If you would like to just come along just to watch then feel free to do so at any of our public launch days. If you enjoy a launch event as a spectator you may wish to support the club with a simple gold coin donation.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO PAYPAL TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION FIRST. ONCE COMPLETED, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO FINALISE YOUR MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION (e.g. Full Name, Address, Contact Details etc.)
|Flying Member||Flying Members receive all club benefits including access to information, invitations to club functions and active participation in rocket launching activities at MARS launch events. A flying membership encompasses all immediate family members living in the same household (i.e. brothers, sisters, mother, father, partner and children). There are no monthly launch fees.
Please note: Members wishing to fly high power rockets (generally H motors or greater) will also be required to attain the relevant AMRS HPR certification and explosives license.
|Social Member||Social/Supporting Members receive the benefits of access to information and invitations to club functions but cannot actively participate in rocket launching activities at MARS launch events.||
|Trial Launch Day||Trial Members can participate in rocket launching activities at two (2) MARS launch events and includes use any of use club’s launch equipment and public liability insurance. If you proceed with becoming a flying member of MARS within two (2) months of the last trial launch day then the launch fee comes off the annual membership cost.
Please note: Trial members may only fly LPR (up to ‘D’ impulse) motors.
|Educational Member||Educational Institution Members receive all club benefits including access to information, invitations to club functions and active participation in rocket launching activities at MARS launch events.
• Flying activities must be school related
• Members wishing to fly high power rockets (generally H motors or greater) will also be required to attain the relevant AMRS HPR certification and explosives license.
• Maximum of three (3) teachers per membership.
If you would prefer to manually fill out a membership form and/or pay by cheque, cash or direct deposit, please download the PDF Membership Form. If you are an educational institution, please download the PDF Educational Membership Form.*Requires Adobe Reader to view.
The benefits of joining MARS Inc as a Flying Member include:
- Use of the club’s launch equipment
- Fly rockets up to 8,000 feet AMSL at the club’s Drouin launch site
- The club can arrange government permits to launch high-power rockets
- Fly next to members with years of experience who can help you build and fly rockets
- Coverage by public liability insurance up to $20,000,000
- Access to the controlled monthly member launches
- Launch days conducted under the requirements of AMRS safety code
- Available to rocketeers wanting to launch low, medium or high powered rockets
- Quarterly newsletter
- Support from international rocketry community.
- A platform to provide input to positively help shape the future of rocketry in Australia.
- Participate in the ONLY educational rocketry competition in Australia, the Australian Youth Rocketry Challenge. - Access to information packs
- MARS apparel and other merchandise.
- Benefit from the bulk buying power of the AMRS discounted prices on motors supplied by Australian Rocketry